Monday, November 11, 2013

FODS?

So what do you think that means? Finished On Dressage Score. This is the very first time I've been able to say that Dargenzio & I finished on our dressage score of a 33.5. I'm so so so so happy. We had an okay dressage test which put us in 3rd, tied with someone else. & we had a double clear show jumping round which broke the tie. We finished our cross country double clean! We were going more like Training pace so we circled three times before the last jump so we could waste some time, but oh well! We came in at 5:07, 4 seconds under optimum! I'm so incredibly proud of Dargenzio. He pulled me the whole course... which is why we were hauling. He loves his job & I'm so happy that he does. We finished in third out of 15 riders! I need to say a big thank you to everyone who has made this possible, my three amazing trainers - Katie Bryant, Jodie Kelly & Bart Brennan, my horse - Dargenzio, my parents & the rest of my family that has been a huge support. Also, a big thank you to all of you who are reading this right now! I started this blog mainly for myself, but I'm so grateful that I actually have viewers. Now on a more serious note - There was an unfortunate event involving horse & rider at Poplar this weekend. I was the cross country warm up ring steward so I heard everything going on. I'm not going to share exactly what happened because if it was me, I wouldn't want people going around spreading the whole story. The horse & rider had a rotational fall at fence 7 on the Open Preliminary course. In the event, the horse sustained horrific injuries & had to be euthanized on sight. The rider walked away okay. I cannot even begin to imagine what I would do without my partner in crime. From my understanding, this horse & rider had been together for a long time, from Beginner Novice all the way up. Please pray for Jacel Galloway & her family as they recover from this tragic incident. Eventing is a dangerous sport but USEA is trying to make it safer by adding frangible pins, aerovating the terrain, & changing the rules. Its sad to see this happen, especially since the horse was doing what it loved. Please take a second to appreciate your horse & what they do for you. They risk getting injured, but they love their riders & love what they do so they keep trucking. Give them an extra hug & an extra kiss, make sure you tell them 'thank you' after every single ride & don't leave the arena without a big pat whether they behaved or not. They still did what you wanted them to do. Before cross country, I was really nervous. The ground was hard, my horse doesn't have stud holes, & the course was also maxed out. I didn't want that to happen to Dargenzio. I know we're only running Novice, but its still scary. I rode the course as well as I could & Dargenzio tried his heart out for me. We got around safely - That's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment